Code of Ethics
- Keep to the laws and regulations for 4WD vehicles. (They may change from state to state)
- Keep to constructed vehicle tracks. Do not drive “off road”
- Keep the environment clean.
- Carry your own - and maybe other peoples - rubbish home.
- Obey restrictions on use of public lands.
- Respect National Parks and other conservation areas.
- Obtain permission before driving on private land.
- Leave livestock alone and gates as found.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel and spares on trips.
- In remote areas travel with another vehicle.
- Stop and look, but never disturb or chase the animals.
- Respect other recreationalists right to peace and solitude in the bush.
- Obey all fire restrictions. Extinguish your fire before leaving. Don’t let your exhaust emit sparks.
- Help in bushfires, emergencies and search and rescue if you are properly equipped and able.
- Join a 4WD club and support 4WD touring as a responsible and legitimate recreational activity.
This Code Is Valuable Only If You Observe It!